A little About me

It's been quite sometime that I been posting up. And It still quite an amazing thing to me that there is actually people who read my blog! Ive never meet some of you so I though I would tell you a little about myself.
 I'll start by telling you about how my parents learned the truth. My mom was 10 years old living in Mexico in a little "Pueblo" called bella vista  (translated to English beautiful view) when she first started studying. As my mom says she didn't like studying she saw it as if it took her time away from playing with her friends. My mom comments how when they would come to give her study she would do everything possible to not study. She would pretend she was sick, she would rip her stockings so her study would get delay, she would mess up her hair and clothes. But little did she know that the little girl who would do the possible to not study would do the impossible to stay loyal to Jehovah. My mom was young when she meet my dad in the truth but he didn't show he was against it either. My mom wasn't baptise either. After they got married he then started opposing the truth my mom was still studying. But now she had made the truth her own. He wouldn't allow her to attend meetings but she would sneak out to go to them. They then moved to the U.S after 5 years of marriage my dad started studying. I am the last of 2 sisters by the time my dad started studying i was 1 year old. 2 years later the once opposing father dedicated his life to Jehovah. Since then our whole life's revolved around Jehovah.

We grew up In southern California. A city life. So much for a girl who loves country. But i cant complain city life isn't bad at all! I grew up with my whole family my aunts, uncles, grandpa and grandma. We where always together. We where all in the same congregation for years! I remember growing up we would always anticipate summer. But one summer really changed our life's my mom was pioneering. In those times the last thing on my mind was to dedicate 70 hours a month to service. All i thought of was watching cartoons, playing with my sisters and friends. But I didn't want to stay alone at home so I started joining my mom. At first my only push to go was FOOD! haha I know typical me with food. We would usually go to eat after service. I was around 7-8
when A sister tells me "Your turn" I knew a brief presentation but didn't know how to end it. I knocked with Fear. It Went well until the house holder started asking more questions....I had no response I didn't know what to say. The sister then helped me. I went home happy but disappointing because I thought to myself I cant Respond a question. I asked my mom the question and how to find the answer she helped me out. From then is when I started Taking my service more serious I wasn't going for my own convince I was going Because i wanted to teach people. I was starting to make the truth MY OWN.

Something that also impacted me was a couple. This C.O's  impassioned a lot an kids he would bring a poster and we had to draw it and at the end of the meeting we would show it too them. I LOVED IT!!!! One Time after the meeting I told my parents I want to go to service with them. They told me well tell the brothers in the next meeting. And that's what i did. I really appreciate them there encouraging words, there love for kids, there humbleness, and there willing spirit left a huge impact in me.

In middle school was a bit of a tough moment. My grandpa was getting really ill my mom had to leave her pioneer it was a tough moment for the family. But thanks to Jehovah he survived his surgery and has been better since then. In 7th grade I started my auxiliary pioneer with my grandpa I did it for 3 years continually. After those 3 years I started my regular pioneer. You may ask yourself why i waited three years? or What held me back? I was afraid. Afraid of failing Jehovah, I was thinking too much of me I was forgetting who was the one helping me . Jehovah. After reading an experience of a sister that  motivated me a lot and a long prayer to Jehovah I decided to turn the application in. One decision that I would never regret it opened doors and helped me trust in Jehovah more. I got the privilege of going to pioneer school in August of 2012. Well what is waiting for me next? It's up too Jehovah where he wants to put me what he wants me to do. It's up to him to write my story.

Its been a privilege to grow up in the truth. In many ways a blessing and a protection; one I would  cherish and appreciate. Everyone has a different story how they made the truth there own or how they learned the truth. What is yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future blessings

Times of Need Will Come

The word of the day..