Rural Territory!!

              This Saturday we went to Rural territory in Filmore (its a very small town). In this whole town there is only 1 Spanish congregation and 1 English. But there growing. I really fell In love with this town the humbleness of the people, the love they show one another, the nature, the territory, and how calm the town is. The rural territory is mostly done in Campaigns and in special occasions. I was very excited to Join Filmore Spanish congregation to do this territory it was a great privilege which I'm grateful for being part of it. 
               The day started off going to Filmore's Kingdom hall for group service at 9:30am the assistance for group service was 66. The brother informed us that We where going to preach from house to house first and then at 1pm we would start rural territory.
*This was my first time being in that hall and Its the only hall I have seen that is 2 floors La salita "B" is upstairs and as well as the library. That's a picture of the hall  Below. 
    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
In service I got the opportunity to preach with the elder of the hall. Which I had meet in pioneer meeting.In service We had a good conversation with a man that at first he didn't seem interested but through out the conversation I was happy to know he knew Jehovah's name. We talked more about Jehovah's name and the bible I found very suitable this month's magazine for him so I left it to him And the brother plans in coming back. After we finished group service a sister invited us to her home for lunch. I really appreciated it we where very hungry!! We ate salad, chicken, and pizza and of course for dessert FLAN!!! Yummy!!! Below in the picture is my sisters and I and a few sister that go to Filmore congregation and others to moorpark congregation.


After having lunch we were on our way out. But then we all realized that our friend Crystal had left her car key's inside the car. So as soon as the brothers found out they immediately offered there help and started trying to opening it. I loved the brotherly Love they showed us!! We are truly a big family! First time they meet her and all of us and they didn't give up until accomplished! And they did after 30 min in the hot sun they did it thanks to Jehovah.

We headed back to hall for rural territory!!! Yay! the whole way I super excited we got lost (again hehe) and when we finally got there the elder I had preached with in the morning.  said "ohhhh the girl that wants to go on top of the mountains and see lions and bears and dears. The action girl. I'm sending you with brother Aguilar's group to the mountains!"  I was suuuuuuupppppppppeeeeeerrrrrr happy I got that opportunity! Our group was officially called EL GRUPO DE ACCION.
Below thats all of us!


We got divided into 2 cars. 4 and 4 in each. We preached to mostly to the farmers helpers and the the people inside the houses where usually English. I enjoyed the views on the way to the houses they where beautiful as well as the fields. We actually got some avocados which where delicious!! I really appreciated that the brothers where willing to give us a "mini tour" while we where there it just left me anxious to come back to Filmore and enjoy more time.
*quick fact: apparently the movie "Water for Elephants" was filmed in the train tracks in Filmore.
* and there is only 8 lights in Filmore and then from there no more lights so its called high-way.



With my sister Jocelyne and my friend Jazmin. The view was amazing!!!!!!!!!! ^^^ Later on that day we where down there preaching and in the  river which by the way has been the cleanest river I have seen I could've seen my feet clearly!


 At the end of the day my feet where really sandy and dirty and with rocks in my shoes, scratches on my feet but it was well worth it. Overall this service experience was amazing and I will Cherish it forever. I truly fell in love with Filmore! Its much more calm then the hectic city life I live in And if it's Jehovah's willing In the future I would love to move over there to serve and Help the congregation grow.


Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are moderate please :)

Popular posts from this blog

Future blessings

Times of Need Will Come

The word of the day..